Are produced and delivered under labour conditions that meet the Ethical Trade Initiative and therefore do not involve the abuse or exploitation of any person.
Have the least negative impact on climate change and the environment.
Such considerations will form part of the evaluation and selection criteria for all goods and services purchased by CP Plus Limited. All CP Plus’ suppliers complete a supplier questionnaire relating to quality control and are assessed as suitable as approved suppliers on the basis of this questionnaire prior to award of a contract. Where CP Plus feels it is necessary, a representative will visit the supplier to ensure that we are completely satisfied with the processes and procedures in place.
CP Plus will only use suppliers who conform to essential labour standards, including the following:
- Employment is freely chosen.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour shall not be used.
- Living wages are paid.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- Regular employment is provided if possible.
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
- Manage and reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring within our business or supply chains through supplier evaluation.
Suppliers should, as a minimum, comply with all statutory and other legal requirements relating to the environmental impacts of their business. The supplier should not be engaged in the sale of arms to governments that systematically violate the human rights of their citizens, or where there is internal armed conflict or major tensions, or where the sale of arms may jeopardise regional peace and security.
Signed: Ian Langdon
Director of Operations
Issue Date 1/05/2016 Version 2