What do we do
GroupNexus Limited is a highly esteemed car park management firm that specialises in providing a complete range of ANPR car park management services and products to landowners of all sizes.
What data do we collect
GroupNexus collect images of your vehicle and your vehicle registration mark (VRM) either by ANPR or parking attendant. When there is a requirement for us to issue a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) your name, address, VRM and vehicle movements within the parking area will be processed.
How do we collect your data
- Images collected via ANPR or parking attendant
- Via a client portal (for permit parking only)
- If you are the registered keeper of the vehicle your data may be provided to us via the DVLA
Who do we share with
- The police and other organisations involved in crime detection and prevention
- The land owner and/or their agents
- Organisations involved in traffic and vehicle analytics
- Our clients
- Vehicle hire companies
- Debt collection agents both UK and European for enforcement
- British Parking Association (BPA)
- Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA)
- Internal departments
This data is processed for the purpose of
- Ensuring you comply with our parking terms; signage is displayed throughout each car park.
- Issuing a PCN where the parking terms have been breached.
- Progressing any issued PCN until payment is received
- Reviewing appeals (both internal and with POPLA)
- Dealing with complaints (both internal and with the BPA and the ICO)
- Recovery, including instructing a debt collection agency or another legal process
- The prevention and detection of crime
- Vehicle and traffic analytics
GroupNexus process your data as it is necessary for the performance of a contract or in the legitimate interest of the customer and client.
Under the new GDPR and data protection law, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You have the right to access any personal information that GroupNexus processes about you and to request information regarding: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information by writing to the address below in the ‘How to contact us’ section and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible.
Access to personal information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the information that is held about you. This is known as making a subject access request. This right of subject access means that you can make a request under the Data Protection Act 2018 to any organisation processing your personal data asking that they;
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why they are holding it
- Tell you who it could be disclosed to
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
In order to request a copy of personal information that you believe GroupNexus may hold about you, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address provided in the ‘How to contact us’ section of this document. There is no fee involved in making a subject access request, although a reasonable fee may be charged for duplicate or excessive requests.
Visitors to our websites
GroupNexus operates a public-facing website http://www. cp-plus.co.uk/ and permit system websites. If you are simply visiting our website, you are a visitor.
Permit system Website – Registered users – required information
Registered users access the secure portal to enter permit parking details of themselves, visitors, staff, contractors and guests. The personal data entered on the portal is provided by the applicant and/or the client, not collected by GroupNexus. The applicant consents or the client obtains the consent of the individual to enter some or all of the following personal data onto the portal;
- Full name
- Job Title
- Phone number
- Email address
- Permit type including disability spaces
- Make model and colour of the vehicle
- From and to dates that a parking permit covers
- Site location and tenant
- Free text box for extra information entered only by the applicant or client
On each occasion that you access the website and portal we also automatically collect:
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site and the site you exit to
- Details of all activity undertaken by you when using the website
A cookie is a small file, downloaded to your hard drive, that helps a website to anonymously identify you. Cookies can be used to personalise website experiences and can make the sites you visit quicker and easier to use. Cookies can only be accessed by the website that created them.
GroupNexus may create and access cookies on your computer. You can delete cookies from GroupNexus, but if you do you may lose information that enables you to access the website more quickly and easily.
How long will we keep your data
We will retain information in our customer records management databases for as long as is specified in our retention schedule published on our website.
Security and performance
Data security is of great importance to GroupNexus. To protect your data, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected online.
GroupNexus uses a third party service, Microsoft Azure, to help maintain the security and performance of the GroupNexus website. To deliver this service, we process the IP addresses of users of our services.
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
Third party web sites and services
Links to other websites
Complaints or queries
GroupNexus tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage you to bring it to our attention if you believe that our collection or use of your information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, please do so by sending an email to DPO@cp-plus.co.uk. If you are not satisfied with our response, then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org which is the statutory body overseeing data protection law in the UK
How to contact us
If you want to request further information about us or would like to request information we may hold about you, you can email us or write to:
Data Protection Officer
10 Flask Walk
London NW3 1HE